To cap off this week’s love fest, I’m writing a post about a few of the things Hamlet loves best – his favorites. I call them his loves because they are the things that, as of late, seem to give him the greatest joy (other than just hanging out with me all the time, of course).
Fellow Boston Terrier owners will recognize some of these as tried and true favorites while others may be new to the pack. In no particular order, I give you Hamlet’s favorites.
1. Snoozin’ in the sunshine. Indoors or outdoors, this is a perennial favorite.
2. Foot fighting and foot hunting. This involves attacking human feet on a whim. Feet in fuzzy leopard slippers – yes, please! Feet that just came home after being at work for 10 hours – check! Feet under a blanket or covering of any kind – he’ll stalk them like a lion on the savannah and pounce on them just the same.
3. The blue blanket at the foot of the bed.
4. Sleeping under a blanket or any cover (pillows, laundry, he’s not choosy) available. Yes, I realize the blue blanket is being used twice but Hamlet reeeeeally loves it so it should count double.
5. Licking whatever human appendages come within a foot of his face, especially my fingers and – weird alert! – elbows. Because of this another nickname has been added to the list – Lickyloo.
6. Playing with his stuffed animal dog, Black Dog. We came up with the incredibly creative and original name Black Dog because Hamlet’s original stuffed dog was red and was appropriately dubbed Red Dog. I believe Black Dog is a Rottweiler and most of the time Hamlet throws him around, tries to tear out his eyes, and shakes him violently in what I can only assume is an attempt to break his neck. However, during this photo opportunity they were nothing but best buddies.
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens Playing with Black Dog and fighting with feet. Blankets and sleeping in each sun patch I meet. Snuggling blue blanket, licking fingers with rings. These are a Boston’s favorite things!
Gather round, it’s sharing time. What are some of your dog’s favorite things? They can be activities, toys, sleeping positions, or whatever comes to mind. So spill the kibble.