I’ll warn you, this post is going to get mushy. The kind of mushy where people talk about love to a point that either makes you want to eat a pound of mini Reese’s peanut butter cups or gag or both. However, hopefully none of those happen to you while reading this because it’s my little love ode to Hamlet.
Don’t start thinking I am some kind of psycho (weird yes, psycho no). I am talking about the loving friendship and companionship that comes from a human-canine connection. I love Hamlet. I just do. Now let me count the ways.
1. I love when he hides under the bed and peeks out from under the dust ruffle.
2. I love that he could care less when I trim his nails and even falls into an almost-asleep-trance.
3. I love the looks he gives me while I’m on the computer.
4. I love the spot on his head.
5. I love how he can do taco tongue.
6. I love the face he makes when he’s sleepy.
7. I love that he listens to me even if he has no idea what I’m talking about.
There you have it – seven reasons of about one million why I love Hamlet. As the “Golden Girls” theme song goes, “[his] heart is true, [he’s] a pal and a confidant.”
In the spirit of love and sharing, tell me your thoughts. What are some of the reasons you love your dog?